Apply for a credit card

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Vanilla Visa

www.vanillavisa.com

About: Vanilla visa are the gift cards best suited for all the occasions like birthday, wedding, anniversary, party, festivals for all the family members and kids in affordable prices.

Online Since: 2005-08-03

Technical Details: Apache server based website which requires active javascript and flash installed.

Whois Info: Available.

FAQ's:

Q: I recently bought vanilla visa gift card for Christmas purchasing and now I lost the paper in which it came. I want to know whether it has some pin number or not?

A: No, as this visa card is a gift card it is activated automatically while you bought it you can use it just after you got it without any further processing. So, go ahead and enjoy Christmas. Merry Christmas!


Q: I bought a vannila visa gift card for $150 and now i came to know that I cant use it for online purchasing. Can I use it to buy a moneyorder for USPS?

A: It visa cards gift cards are acted as credit card then you cant but a money order with it but if its a debit card then you can. Make it sure by calling at the vanilla visa customer services at 1-800-571-1376.


Q: Does anyone knew if I can use my vanilla visa gift card for online shopping purposes and how?

A: You can use your vanilla gift card for online purchasing as this is a visa card but at first you have to register your visa card gift card at their website and then you can use it for further purchasing.


Q: I am using vanilla visa gift cards and now vanilla visa balance amount is about to finish. I want to know whether I can reload my gift card or not?

A: No, you can't reload your gift card. You have to apply for the another one after the first is expired or the amount is not enough.Its not a vanilla mastercard

Internet Ranking: #238,509 web ranking for vanillavisa. Most of the visitors are from US only and some from Canada.

2 Comments:

  • At February 6, 2010 at 2:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well I agree but I contemplate the list inform should prepare more info then it has.

     
  • At March 7, 2010 at 3:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yesterday I purchased a Vanilla Visa to send to my brother. I took it out of the bulky packing to pop it into the card and just happened to decide to call to confirm the balance. "Invalid Card." So I assumed it would take time to activate. I logged into the website and was given the same error message.

    I called the company, who told me that the card was improperly activated. I returned to Walgreen's where the card was purchased, and was told that because I was given a confirmation receipt, that the card was indeed activated and that from there standpoint, there was no next actionable step.

    BACK on the phone with Vanilla Visa. By now, I have grown concerned that the card inside the package may not have matched the information on the cardboard packaging. I tried bringing this to the attention of the customer service representative that I was speaking with who told me that they could do NOTHING with anything except for the card number, and that number was invalid.

    By now, I am afraid that the activation number per my receipt is linked to another account. I am also afraid that because of their inaction, that the money will be spent by the time they are willing to investigate this. Furious, I called back, AGAIN. I was receiving the same runaround when I asked the rep for her ID. Her name was 'Tracy' and she begrudgingly gave me her id- 5148. I said "I paid you 100 dollars and a service fee to provide me with a preloaded card. This has not happened. What is my next step?" She mumbled a bit, and started on about going back to the retailer, and finally I said "They are unable to help me further. This is a Vanilla Visa problem. WHAT IS MY NEXT STEP!?" She finally initiated a ticket number and I am to fax in my receipt for an investigation which 'may' result in my receiving a refund.

    I understand that people in this world will try anything for a free buck. HOWEVER, if Vanilla Visa is willing to take 100 dollars and a service fee from me, they need to have a course of action when that 100 dollars does not make it to it's destination. The people at Walgreen's were extremely helpful and actually regretted not having further action available. Vanilla Visa has been nothing but rude, aggressive and only marginally competent. Believe me, I am NOT going to stop here. I will follow this through as far as it takes on principle, this is simply not okay. Meanwhile, I will spread the word as quickly as possible!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home